Last updated on December 23rd, 2020
The best camera bags and cases, shoulder bags, backpacks are needed when you are going to travel the world. We make the best camera bags and cases, shoulder bags, backpacks list so that you pick the right one.
If you’ve spent time and money investing in your camera equipment then you’ll require a bag in which you can safely transport it all around. Camera bags come in all shapes and sizes – from simple holsters intended for a single compact to reinforced rucksacks designed to accommodate full-frame DSLRs with an assortment of lenses, flashguns, and other useful equipment. So let’s just quickly run through the types to explain what’s available, what it can carry, and when it’s most useful.
Type of Camera Bags and Cases
Holsters and pouches are designed to carry a single camera with a lens attached. Depending on the size, these could be designed for compact cameras, mirrorless cameras, or SLR. They’re great if you’re not planning on changing lenses.
Shoulder bags are the most traditional type. Shoulder bags are easy to put on and take off and you can get access to your gear quickly. Their only disadvantage is that carrying a heavyweight over one shoulder for a long time can become uncomfortable.
Sling bags can swing round to the front to be opened like a shoulder bag and swing round to your back like a backpack. They’re our kind of halfway-house between a shoulder bag and a backpack.
Messenger bags are like shoulder bags for commuters. They’re wider and slimmer, and in addition to space for camera gear, they have laptop sleeves and often pockets for paperwork, pens, and other accessories.
Backpacks are the top choice for walkers, landscape photographers, and travelers who need to carry heavy gear over long distances and keep it well protected too. Access to your gear isn’t so easy, though, since you have to take the backpack off, even with the best camera backpacks.
Roller bags are designed specifically for travel, with wheels in the base, and extending handle for pulling them along like suitcases, and often with dimensions chosen to fit international cabin baggage requirements.
Hard cases offer the ultimate in protection against impact, rough handling, and harsh environments. They’re not really designed for carrying any great distance, but they can keep your camera gear protected in environments where no other bag can.
We’ve got every type of bag in our list of top choices, below, and bags for pretty well every budget too!
- Based on the ever common Hadley original, The Hadley professional could be a mirror with supplemental options. A carrying handle is integrated with a filler into the highest flap.
- The weight of your gear is not carried through canvas holes that could wear out, rather they are attached to a fiberglass stiffener and weight supported through that.
- A waterproof zippered back pocket is incredibly helpful for tickets, magazines, manuals, or other flat documents.
- The facility to add extra capacity with the area pouches rounds off the bag nicely.
It has a completely removable insert and options adjustable fast unharness strap into brass buckles, bellowed front pockets with press-stud fastenings and a double darted main flap which covers the mouth of the bag once closed protecting it from rain and weather parts.
- The fully adjustable shoulder sling is sewn under a leather side patch, which provides the facility to attach the area side pockets.
- The Avea03 is that the nicest trying match as they’re slimmer and match the facet profile of the Hadley professional.
However, the avea05’s also will match if you would like further area and area unit less involved with aesthetics.
Greg Lowe, the founding father of Lowepro, created the primary internal-frame backpack in his garage in Colorado.
This breakthrough style innovation helped packs work on the brink of the rear and minimize load shifting – thus gear-wearing adventurers will climb, bike, ski, and scramble with additional ease. They’re using the same innovative mindset today
- WHISTLER BP 450 AW: Born on the aspect of a mountain, our Whistler pack delivers wonderful performance for geographic area photographers Associate in Nursing adventurers WHO carry an equal live of the camera, video, and purposeful doors gear.
- WHAT IT HOLDS. This adventure pack holds a Pro DSLR (such as Nikon D4S or Canon 1DX) Up to 3 lenses: 58mm f/1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8, 24mm f/1.4, flash (such as SB910), GoPro(R), or similar kind issue action video camera, purposeful out of doors gear, and private things.
- EQUIPPED FOR THE EXTREME: This pack is made of high-performance materials, offers extreme organization, and the technology to comfortably carry the gear you need into any environment. It includes ActivZone, Max Fit, and SlipLock technologies.
- ATTACH WITH CONFIDENCE. Multiple heavy-duty attachment points secure all types of heavy gear (such as skis, snowboard, tripods, or other hard-to-carry essentials) without blocking access to the divided camera compartment.
ALL-WEATHER PROTECTION. A large expandable wet-gear pocket has a waterproof barrier and drains holes to separate outdoor gear(rope, crampons, etc.) from digital gear. Use the detachable All Weather AW Cover for the second level of protection from rain, snow, and debris.
- 100% Nylon there have no doubt
- Its fully customizable padded storage to protect your DSLR camera and multiple lenses, flash, or other equipment
- you can store your personal gear in the spacious compartment with multiple pockets
- you can carry comfortably with a removable, padded hip belt, shoulder straps, and air-mesh back panel
- it has easily carried a tripod with convenient storage on the side panel.
- Stabilize larger loads using the sternum strap.
The new Pro Light Reloader Tough H-55 case for SLR and premium Cs Cs is designed for professional traveling photographers. This case is Made in Italy with heavy-duty materials, based on lightweight and military standards, with an original Manfrotto style.
Manufactured and designed for travelers who do not want to compromise between safety and portability this case fits international carry-on sizes and is provided with a 2 stage retractable trolley system.
- Pro Light Reloader Tough H-55 High Lid Carry-On Camera Roller Bag – Manfrotto 5 Year Limited Warranty (2 Years + 3 Years Extension with Online Registration)
- Rigid and robust made in Italy photographic hard-case
- Based on lightweight and military standard materials
- Comes with a tripod holder system
- Safe release system latches for security
It has the Waterproof Impact resistant Conditional period guarantee Crushproof dirt proof Power claw latching system Soft grip fold in a position handle light-weight NK-7 rosin Pad lockable 100 percent chrome steel hardware High-performance seal Automatic pressure unleash valve Molded-in edge system Integrated lid keep Stack in a position Meets airline carry-on rules Exterior Dimensions – twenty two.0″ x 14.0″ x 9.0″ Interior Dimensions.
- An automatic purge valve equalizes pressure on the inside of the case when traveling.
- Designed for mobility with a 2-stage retractable pull handle with quick-release button and smooth-rolling polyurethane wheels.
- Two Power claw (patented) triple action latches molded in super-tough Nylon keep the case securely closed using comprehensive force.
- NK-7 resin is incredibly impact resistant | this cases area unit designed to survive the toughest journey | restricted period guarantee
6. Think Tank
Lightweight, body-conforming sling bag provides fast access to straightforward DSLR and Mirrorless camera system, and 8″ pill. Convenient tuck-away stabilizer strap.
A particular bonus is that you can swivel it around on its strap to access your camera and accessories without needing to take the bag off and lay it down – though the drawback is that it doesn’t unfold the load sort of a typical backpack would.
There’s enough room for a DSLR and up to four additional lenses or other accessories. The ‘10’ edition takes one less lens, and the ‘5’ is better suited to mirror-less camera outfits. Each bag has a further pill pocket and an additional front compartment. Even the most important twenty models are refresh fully light-weight, nevertheless sturdy and fiduciary
The Classic Military traveler Bag could be a sturdy canvas bag by fast Dominance. The front flap is control closed by hook and loop in 2 locations. There area unit a complete of seven pockets: two front zippered pockets, two facet pockets with button closure, Main compartment, within the zippered pocket and out of doors back pocket.
The 2 pockets on the front area unit nice for carrying things like keys, flashlight, MP3 players, etc. On all sides of the bag could be a pocket that’s nice for carrying drinking water, AN umbrella, or the other item that you simply want fast access to.
The main compartment is extremely convenient and lined with polyester for other sturdiness. Integrated into the polyester lining could be a zippered pocket the pocket is nice for storing valuable things, like a passport, keys, money, etc. Along the backside of the bag is a pocket which is held closed by hook and loop, this pocket is great for any item that you may need quick access to.
The strap is totally adjustable and also the 2″ breadth makes the bag comfy to hold. Antique brass details area unit used on the strap, that not solely appearance smart, however, conjointly adds to the sturdiness of the bag.
The ProTactic 450 AW delivers high performance to professional photographers WHO want an associate degree urban-inspired pack that delivers on all fronts: accessibility, skillfulness, comfort, and organization. Customize your kit for the way you shoot.
This pack offers limitless set-ups with four ways to access your gear. The robust SlipLock compatible strap system allows you to attach extra gear when you need it. The ActivZone harness provides ventilation and targeted comfort for support on the move.
MaxFit System dividers for maximum gear capacity. Protect gear with the integral All Weather AW cowl. The ProTactic 450 AW fits 1-2 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached 8 lenses/speed lights, a 15″ laptop, and a tripod. The professional tactic 450 AW conjointly fits the DJI Mavic Pro drone.
TENBA gunfight could be a comprehensive assortment of sling baggage and backpacks designed from the bottom up for serious doors imaging. Each bag is made with absolutely the best materials and hardware for all-season protection underneath the foremost extreme climatic conditions.
And innovative options throughout provide you with quick access to your instrumentation therefore you ne’er miss a trial. Shootout backpacks feature unique side pods that allow access to cameras and lenses without removing the shoulder harness, plus they include Tenba’s exclusive Multi-stage tripod carrier. And the sling bag offers the industry’s solely rear access panel to maximize the inside layout and organization of camera instrumentation.
Each bag is made with water-repellant nylon, weather-sealed, and rubberized YKK zippers, Duraflex clips, heavily reinforced stitching, and expedition-grade harnesses, and shoulder straps. Shootout could be a comprehensive assortment of sling baggage and backpacks designed for serious doors imaging. Capacity: 1-2 DSLRs with 5-8 lenses, and flash and accessories
10. Lowepro Magnum
Magnum AW Series… The pro photographer’s essential toolbox: extra-portable, durable, and flexible… Lowepro’s Magnum AW shoulder bag is built on the foundation of its predecessor: the original pro bag designed in 1976 associated a business commonplace to the current day.
The next generation of wine bottle AW remains a vital tool case for the professional artist World Health Organization has to store, protect, and carry gear from one location to the next.
Transport a heavily loaded wine bottle AW with ease via the adjustable wheeled vehicle straps that attach to handles quickly and firmly.
The premium molded base offers sturdy and stable protection, water-resistance, and the ability to stack multiple bags safely and efficiently. Carry the bag on the shoulder with the Vertebral Tech Shoulder Strap: it spreads the weight evenly no matter which way it’s worn and provides long-lasting support and comfort. Magnum AW offers a notebook sleeve with an integrated sunshade within the largest model.
How do you choose the right camera bag? It depends on how many kits you need to carry and what you want to shoot! With simple point-and-shoot cameras all you need is a small holster style bag or a simple camera pouch, but if you’re carrying mirrorless or DSLR cameras with a couple of lenses, and maybe flashguns, filters, and other accessories, you’ll need a bigger bag with more protection. So here’s our guide to the bag types available and our favorite models right now.